Green Tacoma Day at Franklin ParkJoin Metro Parks Tacoma as we celebrate Green Tacoma Day! We will plant, pull, and prune in this natural area park.
Adjacent to Franklin Elementary, this newly renovated 20 acre park has a spray ground, trails and walkways, plaza space and picnic shelter.
Youth 16-17 years old may attend alone but will need to have their parent/guardian fill out a youth waiver onsite. Youth 15 and under are welcome to participate with a responsible adult and a completed waiver.
Questions? Want more information?
Contact Richard Madison, Tacoma Metro Parks
GREEN TACOMA DAY
Connect with nature Saturday, October 13th!
10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Tacoma’s parks and open spaces need your help! These natural resources provide people with clean air, clean water, and access to nature. Keeping them healthy is a community effort. Join hundreds of volunteers this fall as we work to keep Tacoma green and volunteer at one of ten different event sites around the city. Volunteers will pull invasive weeds, remove litter, and plant and mulch trees and shrubs.
It’s easy to volunteer!
Register your group, family, or as an individual for a fun morning of service. We will supply gloves, tools, water and snack bars. We will teach you everything you need to know about tool use, safety, forest health, and the importance of the work you will be doing. No experience necessary, just come ready to have fun and learn something new!
Be sure to sign in at registration when you arrive.
For your safety and comfort please bring:
- Clothing that can get dirty (because it will!)
- Work gloves
- Long pants and long sleeves (helps protect against prickly plants)
- Sturdy shoes that can handle some mud (closed toed shoes are required such as work boots, hiking boots, rubber boots, etc.NO sandals, flats or heels)
- Rain gear and warm layers -OR- sun protection (check the weather!)
- Sack lunch and snacks (to refuel)
- Full water bottle (we will have a jug on-site for re-fills)
- Travel mug for tea/coffee (Thanks to Starbucks for providing coffee!)
GroupsIf you are coming as a group, the group leaders are expected to have an active role in our events. Please get in touch with your site leader before the event to make sure everything is in order. On the day of the event, make yourself known to the staff and arrive early in order to help guide your group members.
1201 S. Puget Sound Ave.
There is a small parking lot at the Park and additional street parking