Working with Volunteers Workshop: North SoundAs part of our Puget Sound Steward program, we are offering workshops to give community members a deeper knowledge of environmental restoration. This workshop is open to anyone interested in learning more, with hopes that participants will keep coming out to volunteer with us!
This workshop will cover basics of volunteer management, including understanding the procedures and protocols of working with volunteers/hosting events, discussing scenarios and management tips, and practicing our public speaking skills
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Present an introduction, tool safety talk, and reflection to a group of volunteers
- Respond to a variety of different volunteer scenarios
- Facilitate a positive restoration experience for others
- Navigate EarthCorps protocols to schedule and organize their own restoration events if they choose to become a steward.
FOR YOUR COMFORT, PLEASE BRING:
- Clothing that can get dirty
- Sturdy shoes that can handle some mud (closed toed shoes are required: work boots, hiking boots, rubber boots, running shoes or similar)
- Rain gear and warm layers (check the weather!)
- Sack lunch and snacks
- Full water bottle
- Travel mug for tea/coffee