Environmental Restoration Workshop (Part two): Duwamish RiverAs part of our Puget Sound Steward program, we are offering workshops to give community members a deeper knowledge of environmental restoration. This workshop is open to anyone interested in learning more, with hopes that participants will keep coming out to volunteer with us!
This is the second part of the habitat restoration workshop. This second portion will be in the field to incorporate Thursday's lesson in hands-on practice.
By the end of part two of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Use common restoration tools in a safe and effective manner
- Identify common invasive weeds
- Detail the current best techniques for removing different invasive weeds
- Begin planning their own restoration project if they choose to become a steward
To register: Part one of this workshop is happening the Thursday prior (7/11). Part one is an in-class seminar that will cover important restoration concepts which inform part two. To register for this workshop please RSVP for Thursday's class here.
DirectionsTukwila Community Center
12424 42nd Ave S, Seattle, WA 98168
Directions from I-5:
- Take exit 156 for Interurban Avenue toward Tukwila
- Continue on Interurban Ave S. Drive to 42nd Ave S/Allentown Bridge
- Turn right onto Interurban Ave S
- Turn right onto 42nd Ave S/Allentown Bridge; The Center will be on the right