Environmental Restoration Workshop (Part one): Duwamish RiverAs part of our Puget Sound Steward program, we are offering workshops to give community members a deeper knowledge of environmental restoration. This workshop is open to anyone interested in learning more, with hopes that participants will keep coming out to volunteer with us!
This is part one of a two part workshop. This first portion will be an in-class seminar where participants will learn and discuss basic ecology and restoration concepts.
By the end of part one of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- describe what habitat restoration is and why it’s important
- Explain the 4 phases of restoration
- Discuss the relationship between ecological structures and functions
- detail the life cycles of our local forests.
Part two of this workshop is the following Saturday (7/13). This portion will be field-based to incorporate the concepts learned in a hands-on way! If you are only able to attend one portion of the workshop, let us know at email@example.com
DirectionsTukwila Community Center
12424 42nd Ave S, Seattle, WA 98168
Directions from I-5:
- Take exit 156 for Interurban Avenue toward Tukwila
- Continue on Interurban Ave S. Drive to 42nd Ave S/Allentown Bridge
- Turn right onto Interurban Ave S
- Turn right onto 42nd Ave S/Allentown Bridge; The Center will be on the right