North Rose Hill Woodlands Park: Kirkland
Join the Green Kirkland Partnership and EarthCorps as we work to restore North Rose Hill Woodlands Park! ! Located in the Rose Hill Neighborhood, this 20 acre park provides a serene getaway from the suburbs as well as important wildlife habitat. The park hosts Forbes Creek, a waterway that drains a quarter of Kirkland’s total land area!
We know you are excited to get back to restoring our public green spaces so we implemented some new procedures and protocols to help you safely do so! You can read them here and watch this video to do your part to volunteer responsibly.
We will teach you everything you need to know about tool use, safety, forest health, and the importance of the work you will be doing. No experience necessary, just come ready to learn something new!
For your safety and comfort please bring:
- Personal face mask and gloves if you have them
- Clothing that can get dirty (because it will!)
- Long pants and long sleeves (helps protect against prickly plants)
- Sturdy shoes that can handle some mud (closed toed shoes are required such as work boots, hiking boots, rubber boots, etc.NO sandals, flats or heels)
- Rain gear and warm layers -OR- sun protection (check the weather!)
- Sack lunch and snacks (to refuel)
- Full water bottle (we will have a jug on-site for re-fills)
What will volunteers be doing at the event?
While the exact tasks can vary, our projects focus on improving the forests and parks in our local cities. Healthy and thriving forests are vital to our community because they absorb and filter rain water, produce clean oxygen, provide living spaces for wildlife, and create a place for people to connect with the outdoors.
In order to help create healthy forests, the work can include:
- Removing aggressive weeds (like English Ivy or Himalayan Blackberry)
- Maintaining areas where these weeds have been removed (weeding or spreading mulch)
- Planting trees and shrubs during the rainy season (often ~Oct.-Feb.)
We are not coordinating group registration at this time. Feel free to have all interested parties sign up individually as available spots permit! If you have any questions please reach out to us at email@example.com
Youth under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. All volunteers between the ages of 14 and 17 that are not with a parent or guardian must submit a digital Youth Waiver before the day of the event.
The digital waiver process is first initiated when the youth participant registers online. After the youth participant enters parent/guardien details, the digital waiver will be sent to the parent/guardian for two part authentication.
DirectionsApproximate Address: 9930 124th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033
Where to meet: Please meet at the gazebo near the north entrance.
By Bus: Be sure to check current routes on Metro Trip Planner: http://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov/
By Car: Street parking is available on NE 100th St along the north boundary of the park
From I-405 North:
- Take exit 18 for WA-908 E toward Redmond
- Drive to 124th Ave NE
- Merge onto NE 85th St
- Turn left onto 124th Ave NE
From I-405 South:
- Take exit 20 for NE 124th St
- Drive to 124th Ave NE
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto NE 124th St
- Turn right onto 124th Ave NE