Senior Partnerships and Volunteer Manager
EarthCorps is a non-profit organization based in Seattle, Washington that develops environmental leaders to strengthen community and restore the health of our environment. We believe in the power of people – acting through their collective responsibility to one another and our planet – to tackle the most pressing challenges facing our world, and we envision a world in which people and nature thrive together.
EarthCorps is embarked on a new next chapter of growth led by a visionary new executive director and is in the process of implementing our new strategic plan to guide us as we transform our organization to meet the environmental justice and racial equity needs of today.
Commitment to Racial Equity
EarthCorps strongly believes in the values of racial equity, diversity, and inclusion. EarthCorps works to ensure that everyone feels engaged and supported in all areas of the organization's operations as we work to become a fully inclusive, multi-cultural, and anti-racist organization.
The Senior Partnerships & Volunteer Manager is crucial in EarthCorp's new strategic plan and central to the process of EarthCorps’ continued growth as an Environmental Justice leader in the Pacific Northwest. The role requires organizing, leading, and participating in city and community meetings and events after regular office hours and on weekends.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Focus on building and strengthening partnerships with communities of color, BIPOC-led organizations, projects, and founders.
- Work alongside Partnerships Director, identifying and cultivating relationships and opportunities that span restoration and environmental services/projects, advance environmental justice agendas, and create new learning opportunities for corps members.
- Support development of grant proposals and work closely with development team in nurturing relationships with donors and founders.
Volunteer Event Coordination and Implementation
- Manages EarthCorps’ public, private and community volunteer events.
- Leads and manages promotion, communication, sales and contract process with city partners, government agencies, organizations, and the private sector.
- Manages EarthCorps’ volunteer calendar including promotion of events, communications and scheduling of events.
- Coordinates and implements volunteer events as needed, from prep work to event wrap. Weekdays or weekends.
- Work in close collaboration with Field and Program Team to secure the support of corps members and staff in key or special volunteer events.
- Collaborate with local municipalities, governments, and funders to develop service opportunities funded through a fee-for-service model.
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive strategy to improve recruitment of volunteers from communities of color.
- Supports the development of special projects and community-centric volunteer events, including supervising aspects of fieldwork and training.
- Support the promotion of volunteer events paid services among the private sector and other key partners.
- Support and participate in the coordination and implementation of community meetings, workshops, and other project-related events.
Program Management and Administration
- Manages a team of AmeriCorps Volunteer Specialists.
- Manages EarthCorps’ policies and procedures to ensure successful program outcomes
- Plan and budget collaboratively with supervisor and related teams.
- Develop comprehensive quarterly reports, including partnerships, ecological, environmental, and community impacts
- Collaborates with the Education Manager to provide training and educational advice to improve corps members' curricula on community issues.
- Actively participates in all staff retreats, meetings, committees and workshops.
- Represent EarthCorps in work-related community events as needed.
- A commitment to racial equity and environmental justice
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, cultural awareness, and the capacity to connect with people from various social, racial, and ethnic backgrounds
- Proven entrepreneurial and networking skills. Highly motivated, organized, creative, self-directed and flexible
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Fluency in a foreign language
- Experience as community and event's organizer
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member
- Demonstrated ability to complete simultaneous complex projects in a timely manner
- Demonstrated management skills including volunteer coaching, mentoring and supervision
- Hands-on work experience in habitat restoration
- Ability to walk on uneven surfaces, lift up to 50 pounds, and operate hand tools
- Ability to navigate a diverse array of social media platforms
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Relevant work experience in related fields or equivalent Bachelor’s degree desirable
Terms of Employment
We are requiring all employees to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated prior to the start of employment. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination should be submitted on or no later than your scheduled start date. If you believe you are entitled to either a medical or religious exemption to our vaccination requirement, your situation will be evaluated.
- This is a full-time non-hourly position
- Competitive benefits package includes employer provided health insurance, dental insurance, 401k with employer match of up to 3% after first 6 months, paid vacation, paid sick time, paid holidays, subsidized transit pass and staff training.
Salary: $60k-$70k Annually
Deadlines and Start Dates
All applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with priority application deadline of November 18th. To ensure your materials are considered, please submit your completed application as early as you are able.
We encourage applicants from all racial, ethnic, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, and gender identities to apply, especially those from historically marginalized communities.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking on “Apply Now” on our website. In your cover letter, please describe as specifically as you can how your experience, interests, and values are a good fit for this position and with EarthCorps. In addition, please share how your lived and/or professional experiences inform your understanding of what it means to be anti-racist.