Recruitment and Admin Coordinator
EarthCorps is a non-profit organization based in Seattle, Washington that develops environmental leaders to strengthen community and restore the health of our environment. We believe in the power of people – acting through their collective responsibility to one another and our planet – to tackle the most pressing challenges facing our world, and we envision a world in which people and nature thrive together.
EarthCorps is embarking on our next chapter: we just hired a bold and visionary new executive director and are in the process of creating our new strategic plan to guide us as we transform our organization to meet the environmental justice and racial equity needs of today. Come be a part of the transformation of this organization!
Commitment to Racial Equity
EarthCorps strongly believes in the values of racial equity, diversity, and inclusion. EarthCorps works to ensure that everyone feels engaged and supported in all areas of the organization's operations as we work to become a fully inclusive, multi-cultural, and anti-racist organization.
EarthCorps seeks a full-time Recruitment and Admin Coordinator to support our admin team and to help us find and recruit extraordinary young adults to our leadership development/environmental restoration program. This role is often the first person to connect with potential candidates which means they set the tone for what it means to be a part of the EarthCorps community. The person in this role will do outreach to program alumni, community-based organizations, and university programs across the country and abroad to recruit candidates for the Corps Program. They will manage all aspects of attracting a racially diverse pool of applicants to be program participants at EarthCorps. They will create inclusive outreach materials for web, social media, and print. This person will also support our team with general administrative duties including processing invoices, ordering supplies, processing mail, and other duties as assigned. The Recruitment and Admin Coordinator will work closely with our program and administrative teams. This position is based in the Seattle area with the ability for hybrid work.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead recruitment, coordinate, implement and participate in screening, interviews and hiring processes for AmeriCorps participants, international participants, and staff members
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant organizations and people across the US and abroad to help fill positions
- Represent EarthCorps at virtual and in-person outreach and recruitment events
- Implement creative methods of recruitment to build a diverse applicant pool
- Collaborate with staff to develop an effective recruitment strategy plan
- Manage and track recruitment in our Salesforce Database
- Oversee Department of State guidelines and compliance for J-Visa sponsorship, support visa processing, and provide timely reporting as needed.
- Administer and assist with onboarding and orientation
Office Administration (20%)
- Provide ideas for improvements that maintain a high functioning office environment
- Entry of transactions in QuickBooks and Salesforce, including receipts, bill payments and invoices
- Follow up with accounts receivable
- Oversee various EarthCorps accounts such as Good to Go, bus passes, gas cards, and cellphones
- Support with general inquiries coming into the office – phone, e-mail and visitors
- Order office supplies
- Run errands and other tasks as needed
Racial Equity (5%)
- Collaborative partner in racial equity efforts for the organization
- Participates in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) HUB
We are looking for someone who
- Is dedicated to EarthCorps’ mission, values, and racial and environmental justice
- Has a deep and authentic commitment to DEI and desire for continued growth
- Has experience in outreach, recruitment, interviewing and hiring
- Is extremely organized, motivated, takes initiative and is inclined to create and maintain systems
- Has experience working with and connecting with young adults
- Brings a high level of computer competence and ability to learn and innovate including experience with database management, word processing, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- Can work with and coordinate a wide variety of people and schedules
- Is flexible, can work independently and manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills
- Brings a positive attitude and sense of humor
Terms of Employment
We are requiring all employees to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated prior to the start of employment. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination should be submitted on or no later than your scheduled start date. If you believe you are entitled to either a medical or religious exemption to our vaccination requirement, please contact Human Resources, and your situation will be evaluated.
Competitive benefits package includes employer provided health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b), paid vacation, paid sick time, paid holidays, subsidized transit pass and staff training.
Salary Range: $22-25/hr
Deadlines and Start Dates
Priority consideration will be given to completed applications received by September 26, 2022.
To ensure your materials are considered, please submit your completed application early as you are able. After this priority date, new applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled.
We encourage applicants from all racial, ethnic, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, and gender identities to apply, especially those from historically marginalized communities.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking on “Apply Now” on our website. In your cover letter, please describe as specifically as you can how your experience, interests, and values are a good fit for this position and with EarthCorps. In addition, please share how your lived and/or professional experiences inform your understanding of what it means to be anti-racist. All applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.