Green Tacoma Day at Wapato Hills ParkVolunteers will be working to remove ivy from the upper wetland area and Scotch broom from the area next to the upper walking trail.
Contact our volunteer team with any questions about this event
The BasicsGREEN TACOMA DAY
Volunteer and Help Keep Tacoma Green!
Volunteer at one of 14 sites throughout Tacoma on Green Tacoma Day! Volunteers will plant trees, remove invasive weeds, connect with neighbors, and provide a helping hand to our natural areas!
No experience is necessary, so bring along your whole family or friends for a fun morning of service.
We will supply gloves, tools, water and snack bars. We will teach you everything you need to know about tool use, safety, forest health, and the importance of the work you will be doing. No experience necessary, just come ready to learn something new! Be sure to sign in at registration when you arrive.
For your safety and comfort please bring:
- Clothing that can get dirty (because it will!)
- Work gloves
- Long pants and long sleeves (helps protect against prickly plants)
- Sturdy shoes that can handle some mud (closed toed shoes are required such as work boots, hiking boots, rubber boots, etc.NO sandals, flats or heels)
- Rain gear and warm layers -OR- sun protection (check the weather!)
- Sack lunch and snacks (to refuel)
- Full water bottle (we will have a jug on-site for re-fills)
- Travel mug for tea/coffee (Thanks to Starbucks for providing coffee!)