Green Tacoma Day at Titlow Park
GREEN TACOMA DAY
Connect with nature Saturday, October 12th!
10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Tacoma’s parks and open spaces need your help! These natural resources provide people with clean air, clean water, and access to nature. Keeping them healthy is a community effort. Join hundreds of volunteers this fall as we work to keep Tacoma green and volunteer at one of fourteen event sites around the city. Volunteers will plant and mulch trees and shrubs, pull invasive weeds, and remove litter.
It’s easy to volunteer!
Register your group, family, or as an individual for a fun morning of service. We will supply gloves, tools, water and snacks. We will teach you everything you need to know about tool use, safety, forest health, and the importance of the work you will be doing. No experience necessary, just come ready to have fun and learn something new!
Be sure to sign in at registration when you arrive.
For your safety and comfort please bring:
- Clothing that can get dirty (because it will!)
- Work gloves
- Long pants and long sleeves (helps protect against prickly plants)
- Sturdy shoes that can handle some mud (closed toed shoes are required such as work boots, hiking boots, rubber boots, etc.NO sandals, flats or heels)
- Rain gear and warm layers -OR- sun protection (check the weather!)
- Sack lunch and snacks (to refuel) (We will also have snacks provided by Marlene's Market & Deli!)
- Full water bottle (we will have a jug on-site for re-fills)
- Travel mug for tea/coffee (Thanks to Starbucks for providing coffee!)