Magnuson Park Live Stake Bed MaintenanceAt this event, we will be weeding and pruning to promote healty live-stake growth for harvest this fall season.
The BasicsEarthCorps supplies gloves, tools, water and snack bars. We will teach you everything you need to know about tool use, safety, forest health, and the importance of the work you will be doing. Be sure to sign in at registration when you arrive.
For your safety and comfort please bring:
- Clothing that can get dirty (because it will!)
- Long pants and long sleeves (helps protect against prickly plants)
- Sturdy shoes that can handle some mud (closed toed shoes are required such as work boots, hiking boots, rubber boots, etc.NO sandals, flats or heels)
- Rain gear and warm layers -OR- sun protection (check the weather!)
- Sack lunch and snacks (to refuel)
- Full water bottle (we will have a jug on-site for re-fills)
- Travel mug for tea/coffee
- If you have a favorite pair of gloves, feel free to bring them (otherwise we're happy to provide a pair)
What will volunteers be doing at the event?This special project is in collaboration with the Green Seattle Partnership (GSP) and Washington Native Plant Society. The Magnuson Park cutting beds are a source of plant material for propagation for GSP restoration sites city-wide.
Youth PolicyYouth under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or responsible adult. All volunteers between the ages of 14 and 17 that are not with a parent or guardian must bring a filled out Youth Waiver the day of the event.
DirectionsWe will be meeting near the Magnsuon Park P-Patch, just north of "The Brig" in Magnuson Park.
Approximate Address: 6344 NE 74th St, Seattle, WA 98115
- Enter Magnuson Park from the entrance at NE 74th St. and Sand Point Way NE
- Continue until the stop sign at the 4-way stop
- Turn left at the stop sign
- Continue until the road ends at a chainlink fence
- Turn right
- This will lead you to the Community P-Patch and our meeting location