Edith Moulton Park: Kirkland
|ABOUT THIS EVENT:|
Join the Green Kirkland Partnership and EarthCorps as we spend the day at Edith Moulton Park! Located on 26 forested acres, this former farm site offers a creek, trails & a small picnic shelter for residents to enjoy.
We know you are excited to get back to restoring our public green spaces so we implemented some new procedures and protocols to help you safely do so! You can read them here and watch this video to do your part to volunteer responsibly.
We will teach you everything you need to know about tool use, safety, forest health, and the importance of the work you will be doing. No experience necessary, just come ready to learn something new!
For your safety and comfort please bring:
- Personal face mask and gloves if you have them
- Clothing that can get dirty (because it will!)
- Long pants and long sleeves (helps protect against prickly plants)
- Sturdy shoes that can handle some mud (closed toed shoes are required such as work boots, hiking boots, rubber boots, etc.NO sandals, flats or heels)
- Rain gear and warm layers -OR- sun protection (check the weather!)
- Sack lunch and snacks (to refuel)
- Full water bottle (we will have a jug on-site for re-fills)
What will volunteers be doing at the event?
While the exact tasks can vary, our projects focus on improving the forests and parks in our local cities. Healthy and thriving forests are vital to our community because they absorb and filter rain water, produce clean oxygen, provide living spaces for wildlife, and create a place for people to connect with the outdoors.
In order to help create healthy forests, the work can include:
- Removing aggressive weeds (like English Ivy or Himalayan Blackberry)
- Maintaining areas where these weeds have been removed (weeding or spreading mulch)
- Planting trees and shrubs during the rainy season (often ~Oct.-Feb.)
We are not coordinating group registration at this time. Feel free to have all interested parties sign up individually as available spots permit! If you have any questions please reach out to us at email@example.com
Youth under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. All volunteers between the ages of 14 and 17 that are not with a parent or guardian must submit a digital Youth Waiver before the day of the event.
The digital waiver process is first initiated when the youth participant registers online. After the youth participant enters parent/guardien details, the digital waiver will be sent to the parent/guardian for two part authentication.
Approximate Address: 108th Ave NE & Northeast 137th Place, Kirkland, WA 98034