About EarthCorpsEarthCorps brings together passionate and hardworking young adults from the US and countries around the world, for a yearlong environmental leadership training program in Seattle, Washington. Our participants learn leadership skills by working collaboratively, leading thousands of community volunteers each year, and executing technical environmental restoration projects including salmon stream restoration, native tree plantings, invasive plant removal, wetland and shoreline restoration, and trail construction.
EarthCorps envisions a world where people and nature thrive together. The act of environmental restoration strengthens our relationship to the earth, ourselves, and to each other. Environmental restoration should benefit all people. We strive for equity, inclusion, and diverse perspectives in all that we do.
Position SummaryThe Administrative Coordinator is a non-exempt (hourly) staff position based in Seattle that provides administrative support to an organization of 22 full time staff and up to 60 full time corps program participants. Strong software skills are required, as well as good communication skills, and the ability to keep projects on schedule. This position works in the office until 5:30pm each day, with occasional evening and weekend work.
Duties & ResponsibilitiesOffice Administration
- Provides information to staff and program participants by answering questions and requests
- Provides ideas for improvements that maintain a high functioning office environment
- Trouble shoots basic computer and technology problems
- Helps support the Salesforce database by running reports and answering questions.
- Manual entry of organizational transactions through QuickBooks
- Handles all general inquiries coming into the office – phone, e-mail and visitors.
- Coordinates work flow and seeks to reprioritize tasks as needed
- Orders office supplies and maintains inventory.
- Runs errands as needed
- Maintains and organizes filing systems in compliance with AmeriCorps regulations – both paper and electronic. (AmeriCorps Compliance training provided)
- Implements and maintains systems for program participant attendance tracking and background checks in compliance with AmeriCorps regulations.
- Assists with program participant onboarding tasks such as pre-start date information sharing and new hire paperwork completion.
- Enters/reconciles volunteer hours and confidential information into the Salesforce database.
- Provides logistical support for program special events and retreats including ordering food, making space reservations, set up/clean up and thank you notes.
- Purchases, distributes, and inventories field gear and materials.
- Support bi-monthly education workshops with room set up, clean up, and materials preparation.
- Creates and maintains various contact lists.
- Editing, copying and compiling of various documents and handbooks.
- Perform various duties as needed
Desired QualificationsWe are looking for candidates with a strong combination of the following skills:
- Builds systems that are adaptable to multiple communication and user styles.
- Commitment to equity and inclusion in all interactions and communications.
- Able to manage and improve organizational systems.
- Proactive cross-cultural communicator.
- Excellent computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Form Assembly (or other survey software) and Salesforce.
- Salesforce experience (NPSP) or an aptitude and desire for database organization and development. Training will be provided on EarthCorps systems.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems and think creatively when faced with obstacles.
- Efficient time manager and able to set and meet deadlines.
- Enjoy working alongside and mentoring young adults.
- Strong administrative writing skills.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Highly organized and able to reprioritize tasks as needed.
- Flexibility and sense of humor.
- Able to carry out tasks with minimal supervision.
- Eagerness to take initiative and continually improve.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, ability to drive and insurable driving record.
BenefitsThis is a non- exempt hourly position at EarthCorps with a pay range of $16-$19 an hour DOE. This position could be 30- 40 hours a week depending on desires of the applicant.
Full time (over 36 hours per week) benefits package includes: employer-provided health insurance and dental insurance. Full- and part-time benefits include: paid vacation, paid sick time, paid holidays, 403(b) retirement plan, subsidized transit pass, and staff training.
To ApplyPlease submit your Cover Letter and Resume with contact information for at least two professional references by clicking the 'Apply Now' button below. Application deadline for priority consideration is January 18th, 2019.
EarthCorps is committed to building a culturally diverse organization and strongly encourages people of color and members of other underrepresented groups to apply. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by law. EarthCorps is an equal opportunity employer.